Hello everyone and welcome to our 30-day cleaning challenge! Today is an introduction to the schedule I’ll be using and day 1 will begin tomorrow.
When I first learned to clean my own place, I thought Saturday had to be an all day clean-a-thon. I didn’t really have any idea of how to spread out the chores during the week so weekends could be reserved for larger projects or even, you know…fun! Now I clean in 20 minutes a day — every day — and things just seem to take care of themselves.
You don’t have to do everything at once, and even if time seems short, if you can manage at least one task a day, things should start work themselves out.
Below is the cleaning schedule I use. Each day, I’ll post my progress. Follow along for a cleaner house in 30 days!
1. Surface clean living room and kitchen. Wipe counters and surfaces, pick up stray items, dust, sweep/vacuum
2. Clean bathrooms – toilet, shower/bathtub, floor, walls, mirrors
4. Surface clean “extra” rooms – basement, office, entry way
5. Surface clean living room and kitchen
6. Clean bathrooms
7. Clean all interior windows
8. Sweep and vacuum all floors in the house – including the stairs
9. Surface clean bedrooms
10. Deep clean living room – mirrors, baseboards, dust pictures
11. Clean bathrooms
12. Clean out closets. For tips on how to organize your closets, click here
13. Surface clean “extra” rooms
14. Deep clean bedrooms – organize/declutter drawers, clean under the bed, tidy closet, dust artwork, fans, lights, mop/vacuum
15. Surface clean living room and kitchen
16. Deep clean bathrooms – clean inside drawers, inside of trash cans, tops of mirrors, tile, mop
17. Clean all door knobs, phones, entertainment equipment (remote controls), switch plates, banisters and other things that are repeatedly touched.
18. Clean out the refrigerator, take stock of food, organize pantry
19. Clean entryway, sweep porch (if you have one), clean out car (if you have one
20. Surface clean living room and kitchen
22. Surface clean bedrooms
23. Sweep and vacuum all floors in the house
24. Clean linen closet, straighten towels, sheets
25. Surface clean living room and kitchen
26. Deep clean kitchen – scrub appliances, wash trash cans, base boards, wipe down and straighten cabinets
27. Surface clean bathrooms
28. Surfaces clean bedrooms
29. Clean one item you’ve been meaning to get to and haven’t – deep clean your oven, wipe down all light fixtures, tackle a particularly messy area
30. Sweep and vacuum all floors in the house
I’ll see you back here tomorrow! For more cleaning tips, click here.